Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm alive

I haven't updated in what seems like a long time. I think its just because I have been really busy. I feel like I shouldn't be as busy as I am , but then I start talking about what i've been doing and it kind of makes sense.
Me recently= started working full time at a medical billing place. AND. I have been babysitting for my friends 3 kids on tues. and thurs. nights for a couple of hours while her husband is at school. The girls are so much fun to be around. Really happy great kids. LOVE THEM. So that has been a blessing to be able to help them out with that. THEN... I guess what has been taking the most time is that recently I have started to change my eating habits. I've started a personalized plan to try and be a healthier person and its been treating me well. I hate saying I'm on a diet, but I am. Whatever, and I guess its good people know. I get less crap about not eating out if i just say, oh I'm on a meal plan. I eat six times a day and I'm trying to do better at working out. I only eat small meals. Don't worry. I basically have to weigh my food out in grams every morning or evening. Its easier at one time of day rather than each time I eat. So I have to pack a few meals at work. AND make sure I pack my water bottles and make sure I get my sea salt. AND make sure I have my funnel to pour my shake powder (whole foods for 6 meals can be overwhelming so a couple are a protein shake)...well there are lots more details...but I wont bore you.(whoever YOU are that read my blog) I will just say I have been doing it almost 2 weeks now and the scale says I'm down 5.5 and body fat % is down 2 ....so I can't really complain. The only cheat meal I had the whole two weeks made me ill. So hey, i guess thats a good thing. My body really does like good for me food. Its amazing what God has given us in the way of a physical body. Its an awesome creation. Trying to figure out how to work it can be a challenge. I've decided to take the challenge and do my best to be in better working order so that I can do more than I am now. I'm a happy person , but all the learning I've done over the years I have really come to know that my spirit and my body are connected. They function better when they are both in tune. This is my attempt at starting to reprogram myself and do a better job with this Temple that I've been given. I want to be happier and healthier and so far I'm on a good start. Things that are hard take time though. Its a gradual change...but its been a long time in the making and its finally time I started. Can't wait to continue to make hard but needed changes in my life physically and spiritually. Hopefully this will give me a better grasp on my time management as well.
that's all for now.
I'm out!
~B

ps...i'm working with stephaney at www.nattynutrition.com dont worry...i'm not trying to be a competing body builder, I dont think I'll ever look like these guys...LOVE THEM though...they are great!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for Natty Nutrition... We are starting a Natty Revolution

Allison said...

Good for you!! congrats! I want to do one of those meal plans where they deliver all the food! That would be awesome!!

Zak and Allysia said...

You're awesome! Good job...I totally know it can be difficult and I do the exact same thing from time to time...eat cheat meals that make me sick...yup. It's a good reminder though that those foods just aren't good for your body and it's incredible when you've made the changes necessary in order to help your body recognize the good and the bad. This pregnancy, the only time I've ever felt sick is when I eat those cheat meals...