Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hill Cumorah Pageant

I guess I have to give highlights because there is no way I can write about everything from pageant again. (not to mention, some things are better left in my journal) I spent hours writing in my journal the two weeks I was in New York. This is the Hill Cumorah. Looking down the first day I went to the top. 7 stages constructed by 26 young men for which the cast of 739 (42 % were until the age of 18) would perform the show "America's Witness for Christ" during the 7 nights in July.


I don't even know what to say other than I feel overwhelmed. It was such a good experience. I was a part of the cast in 2001. It was a good experience then, but even more so this go around. I got to meet so many people from all over the...well i would say world, but really only the USA and CANADA. Made lots of friends. Its amazing how the Gospel brings people together and makes it feel like we are in such a small world. This is me and Melissa. She was the one who so lovingly braided my hair every night before I put on my wig.

I walked every morning around the campus of Hobart (the college dorms we slept in) and this snail was on my walk one morning. I guess I just appreciated him because well....these couple weeks,and well this summer in general I've not been as lucky as this snail to enjoy my surroundings at a slow pace. Its been go go go. Just thankful that somehow I have the energy to do so much. Isn't he cute? Okay, and maybe I video taped this lil guy moving too. Haha. I enjoyed my walks and I think that's how I kept a lil bit of balance to all the massive amounts of people I got to meet.....it was nice having a lil quiet time in the mornings to think and walk.

Most of my cast team right here. Awesome people. Wish I could tell you a lil bit about each of them. There isn't enough room, but they all had an interesting story to tell. Teachers, mothers, friends, explorers, talented & amazing.

Wish I would've memorized this. We said it at every devotional so we didn't forget what it was exactly that we were doing. It was after all a missionary experience. Who knew being a missionary would be so fun. Rewarding & fulfilling I expected, but fun...now that was a bonus.

No comments: