Friday, February 25, 2011

New Home

In the last couple of months a lot has changed with the Bensons. In January my dad got a new job. Still with the social security administration but in a new location. He is now the assistant manager at the Portsmouth Ohio office. Two hours south of where they have been living for the last 16 yrs in Xenia. His first day was Feb 14th so there wasn't a lot of time for figuring out all of the relocation stuff.
Justins in his senior year and there was no way he was going to go with my parents. Jordans had a rough year and wasn't planning on leaving his job or leaving the community college he is attending either. For awhile the parents tried to find an apt for the boys to rent....no luck finding anything cheap enough with just 2 bedrooms. That's when I kinda came into the picture. I wasn't too fond of the idea of my mom leaving Justin during his senior year. We asked the boys what they thought abt living with me. Neither one wanted to...I think the phrase was...we don't wanna hate her. For a week or so we looked for foreclosure homes. Thought we found one but it didn't work out. I'm still not meant to be a homeowner. I'm not sure how it really all went down....but I needed my own room and to be out of the condo I was in. We found a 3 bedroom house with a 2 car garage in Xenia. And my parents found a one bedroom apt in Portsmouth. Then we packed and packed. Then my car had massive problems. First it was breaks. Then master cylinder. Then the clutch. Then a couple more things when the clutch was being fixed. I'm glad Jake and Jordan helped with it all. And I'm glad there was a snow storm when I couldn't drive anyway and I'm glad I was able to drive my parents car for awhile. Jordan got a new car for himself recently too. So we have had possession of the house since the beginning of the month but moving like 3 different households has made the organizing of everything not happen as quickly as I would like. Justins also been in the middle of musical practice so he thinks he's always too busy to help. I might be out of my mind for moving in with my two lil brothers but it just seemed like the right thing to do.

No comments: