Saturday, March 24, 2012

For My Future Self

I should do updates for myself every now and then. I was trying to figure out where I was a few years back, and I do so much and go so many places and see so many people...I sometimes just forget. So - My life as of recently. (To whom it may concern who ever cares to know) You know how the year starts out and everyone is so pumped to do new things with their life, make / set goals? I was no exception. I had a whole list, I left them on the chalkboard wall at my old apartment. 35 N wright ave in fairborn. That place was good while it lasted. Bless my mom and a few friends for helping me clean it out and paint it up back in august right before Holly & Ben's wedding. Blue walls were not going to be a part of my life. Finally on my own again in an apartment. January- signed up for online classes, back on a good personal reading schedule and working one less day to free up some time. I was ready to vlog my life weekly. Things were all set for a fine upcoming semester. I cant say what specific day it was, but thank goodness it wasn't a normal january in ohio. It wasn't as cold as it normally gets. Well I got home from work one night and I was so tired. Nothing worse than coming home tired only to have to deal with a problem...one that you can't shrug off. I think my gas stove is leaking. It doesn't smell right I thought. I text my landlord (the lazy option) asking if he thought I should call the gas company. WHAT WAS I THINKING....if there really was a gas leak I couldn't very well sleep through it. I finally get up the energy to make the phone call. I sat in my car because I know they were going to freak out on me. you say gas leak and its almost quicker than calling 911. So I had a vectren worker show up at my house super late. He told me there was a leaky valve. He gave me a work order for my maintenance guy and gave the specifics to me on paper so I could tell someone what it was. easy fix, just needed to get it done. I think after the Vectren guy left my landlord finally text me back telling me not to call Vectren and that if it was a gas leak they would disturb everyone and have them leave the apartment and we wouldnt wanna do that to the whole bldg. OH REALLY? you wouldnt want to do that. He makes no sense. Either way. What's done is done. Mr. Fix it (Harold) showed up the next day and told me he would order the part. Sure enough it wouldnt be in for another week or so. So I'm stuck with cooking everything in the microwave. I'd improvise, no big deal. At least my place and things didn't blow up. Then I think I was 2 days in to this whole waiting to get the stove fixed....and I went to bed early...but woke up FREEZING my nose off. I looked at my thermostat and realized it was set at 70 but my place was more like 50. I called the landlord and Harold. I guess they didn't think it was a big problem. It was afterall, pretty nice out side. I called Harold back and let him know, I realize its cold outside but the furnace isn't working and my house is a freaking ice box! I can't sleep when its so cold. Bless my friends and family for letting me stay with them for a few different nights. I can't remember the whole sequence of events, I just remember when I did get the landlord to call me back he told me sorry, my phone was dead for a couple days, sorry I didn't get back to you. It took them wayy too long to get my furnace fixed, and then that with the stove, and it was the first week of classes. I couldn't stay focused at other people's houses enough to get my homework done, I was missing deadlines, couldn't keep things straight. Then I needed to make sure I had all my stuff with me for work, oh crap, I gotta do laundry again. I hated only having two sets of work clothes for 4 days. I was constantly doing laundry. Then the washer broke. I guess I felt like that was the third strike. I finally got up the nerve to ask Mr Landlord how he would feel about me breaking my lease early. Let's be real. The place was one nightmare after the next for me and I really am not a fan of living on my own. Sure it was good on an occasional night to have a quiet home to myself, but more times than not I had wished I had someone to come home to....even if it was a difficult roommate. Mr Landlord told me he would be more than happy to let me go and he would even give me my whole deposit back. He also told me he would give me a good reference. Nothing but praise for me as a tenant. I have no idea why he was so anxious to let me go. I realized if I was going to be moving I didn't want to have to deal with keeping up with my classes. Online classes, at least three at a time, are NOT my thing. I called the school and found out it was still within the time frame for tuition reimbursement. good. I dropped my classes. Then I called my mom. Told her I wanted to move out, my house just wasn't being good to me. I needed to change things up. Plus I had written that list on my chalkboard wall. Getting out of some debt was on the list, maybe I needed a roommate or something. Well as it turns out my littlest brother had been living with my parents but he found a job and moved out. Parents attic was open. Mom and Dad said I could come save some money and stay with them. I figured, sure why not. I would have the whole attic to myself and I wouldn't have to pay rent. I might get out of some debt afterall, well after I found a job. Portsmouth is sort of a no mans land, but I would find a job there for sure. I couldn't find one in utah last summer where no one else seems to have trouble but me, so maybe portsmouth was the place for me. Everytime I would sit and pray about my decisions...day by day...things felt okay and I kept taking one step at a time. slowly moved stuff to my parents house. I had it all out except for the furniture. I ended up selling that to the landlord. Guess that place is being rented furnished these days. So I talked to work somewhere along the way and decided that instead of me trying to come back for the two hour drive for work a couple days a week...I was just going to put in my two weeks. I really only worked one of those weeks though. People getting on your case about you leaving for two weeks really wasn't a fun experience. So at the end of week one I made sure I wouldnt be on bad terms if I just didn't show up the next week. I didn't say goodbye to many people. I didn't tell many people I was even moving. Telling people just makes it harder for me anymore. Everyone wants explanations and answers. Usually ones more than "I prayed about it and its what I need to do" That's never good enough. So I ended up completely moved to my parents house 2 carloads and 1 truckload later. Sister missionaries at home helped me settle into my room. I had everything basically set up, and I had spent a few evenings online looking for jobs. I applied for 3. (I got one of those rejection emails yesterday) I even had one visitor stop in and see my new home and room. I felt okay about everything. I didn't know how it would all work out, but it would. Things always do. (that's what I keep telling myself and I hear everyone say) Then I had planned on staying with my friend the whole week before she was getting married just to help with stuff. I mean, I wasn't really doing much in Portsmouth other than just helping my mom with things and cooking for my dad while my mom was gone. I could spend a few extra days helping Jessica and then have some time to look for jobs online. It was such a fun time helping Jessica get ready for her wedding, it was busy and exhausting and sometimes I don't know why we put so much effort into weddings. It sure did turn out beautiful though. So then I planned on going out to Utah to help Wendy move. She was moving to provo...driving the truck clear across the country. Its always best to have a side kick on a road trip. I guess I am the go to girl for road trips to help people move (ex: helping will to Florida back in august) I ended up spending a few days in Findlay helping Wendy repack her things to a more condensed state of boxes :) just working my magic a little bit. I had a good, uneventful trip out to Utah with Wendy. Then I took another road trip with Marie and Megan up to Idaho. I had never had a tour of campus until I went with them. I figured why not, so much has changed since I was there last as a student. I guess that was my deciding day that I needed to apply to just take my last few classes at BYUI, right there on campus. I put it off for a few days. Making sure I really wanted to do it. So on a Wednesday I applied, on Thursday I got the acceptance email. Kind of shocking that it was that quick. Then I decided it wouldn't make much financial sense to take my flight back home when I would just need to come right back out here three weeks later. I cancelled my flight back home. My super cool aunt & uncle are letting me stay with them until I make it back up to Idaho. In the meantime...I went on another lil vacation road trip. Went down to Vegas with Holly & Ben and ended up staying a couple extra days with my old pageant friend Brittany. (Pageant=Hill cumorah, not todlers and tiaras) That trip is when I applied for a job in Idaho Falls. I just got back from Idaho today again. I went up for an interview. I got offered the job at yet again....another Massage Envy. So as soon as I get my license application in & I make it to rexburg the boss man will get me some orientation and put on the schedule to do massages. The same day I interviewed I signed a lease too. When I get back to town to start working I will have a place to live. Month to month lease. Part time students apparently aren't allowed to live in approved student housing. I was mad at first, but I think it will work out to my benefit anyway. So thats that. I could've put way more detail but I think this is almost to the point where it needs to be a chapter book.....and peace out....more to come later (as always) we just dont know how much later

1 comment:

Stacey Kirchner said...

Yup, you should write a book. Girl, you have so many adventures! You make me dizzy!