Saturday, July 6, 2013

Highlights from a letter from prison


I have been having a hard time trying to think about what else I want to write about on my blog. I want to keep updated, but I just haven't had any ambitions to write lately. I got a letter from my brother in the mail again this week. I have had a few since he has been in prision, but I figured why not share some of that...so here goes...

*****This place really is a huge playground and more often than not I just feel like I'm at summer camp with all my friends. Until a fight breaks out and the handcuffs come out, or you hear abuot someone getting raped. Which I heard happened last night. Then another guy went to the hole for protective custody because I guess he got like $30 in debt and leaves next week and didn't wanna pay anyone. My dude "D.G" (name withheld because sharing that would be too much) just walked past and told me to tell you whats up? He gets out on the 14th. He is really the only person I've been hanging out with because he has a good head on his shoulders and isn't crazy. Except for liking the Bengals. We went to the store today. Spent the last $25 I had and spent it on popcorn and kool-aid. Okay not all of it but that's what I got the most of. I told you about my new job. Did I mention that I'm on a softball team now? Played two games so far and lost both. It's fun just playing and I've been told by a lot of people that I'm good so I'll keep working on that. Today is day 144 since I was arrested. I've been in prison for 102 days and have 236 days left to serve. I met a kid today whose birthday was 7-8-90. Made me laugh. OH! I know something that made me laugh. I had the head (porter)? of the dorm which is this middle aged black guy I would say 40 something probably, sat me down and asked me what was up. I said what do you mean? Then leaned over and whispered that he loved me. I smiled and said okay. He asked me why I haven't asked him for anything or bought anything off of him. He sells 'shower bags' and apparently gives haircuts that aren't that good. I told him I didn't need anything. Yeah...creepy dude. That's about the most excitement I've had. Not complaining at all. Well sis I'm gonna go now because I've got other letters to wrtie and this TV keeps distracting me. Love you and miss you. Until next time.  *****

We also play tic tac toe in our letters. This next game is going to be another cat game. Oh well....who ever wins at that game anyway.

School is almost done then I need to figure out what to do with the next chapter of my life. Decisions....they never stop having to be made. Go figure.

in the words of Jordan....Until next time...

No comments: