Friday, April 17, 2020

What a world we live in

It's a little bit funny to me that we are reading Charlotte's Web to my kid right now. I keep thinking how the world back then was so different. Maybe its just farm life in any time. I don't exactly know. I have never lived in a farm, but its definitely a different world then, as opposed to now. I figured if I didn't start to write some of it down I would forget it all.

I haven't been working outside of my home for 5 years. Not really. A little bit of massage, but not much. I haven't had an employer. I have been basically doing home things and doing the mom thing. It was solidly taking up, or well, rather, using my time up fairly well. I just have been in a funk for awhile. I have been thinking for awhile that I needed a job. I needed to get out out and feel important, or make friends or something. It was the social aspect of my life that I was missing. I let myself drop off the face of the earth. We haven't been blessed with a second child yet, and my kid is just so much of a  handful and sometimes, believe it or not I think he just talks to much. haha. I sound ridiculous. I know. I think I was just trying to tell myself all of the reasons it would be okay if I had my child go to a daycare/preschool. Long story short....I got a job in january. Bannock County Veteran's Services Admin assistant. My kid started a preschool/daycare. Then less than 3 months in.... I have to work from home??!! It sucks. I mean to keep it short. There isn't a whole lot I can do from home.

The whole Covid-19 Pandemic.... it's only gotten more strange around the world. Not working from home. Trying to not go to the store. I have done fairly ok in that arena. I have only had Brett or I walk in when we need to pick up my perscription medication. It seems like it started March 17th. I don't know that specific dates matter. I do know that my anniversary weekend was kind of screwed up. I mean we did go with my in laws to Lava Hot Springs. We did kind of wonder why it was still open when everything else was closed, but we took advantage one last weekend. I mean, I would've liked to have gone to Utah and stayed in our fancy hotel and gotten to see the musical Newsies ( with sign language involved) That was the original plan. But the play got cancelled and it just didn't make sense to go drive to Utah to stay in a hotel. I wasn't feeling couped up just yet. Come to think of it....I wonder if we ever got refunded for that yet?? hmm We have tried really hard to stay away from everyone not in our immediate household. I have had to stop in to tina's house to use the bathroom a couple of times in pocatello, and we did stop in to grandmas house one time to play in the backyard. We stopped back a second time to get some of little bretts toys from their back yard. We haven't had any family sunday dinners since it all started. I guess we have had zoom calls on sunday to chat and/or play games with Bretts family.

Some of the strange things I've experienced are visiting Walmart with half the people wearing masks, or other random face coverings. People really are special. Having a stay at home order put in place. Then a bunch of people protesting their freedoms and not staying home. A big plastic wrap over the book drop for the library. Its so strange to hear the word "essential" and "pandemic" more times than I ever have before in my life. So many people aren't being able to keep working. The government decided to send out a stimulus check. I think it was to anyone making under 150,000.

I could say a million things about weirdness, but mostly its frustrating. I'm doing ok most days. I have had plenty of roller coaster moments though. A woman's cycle of emotions is no joke. So taken that into account....I'm doing great. I have learned to deal with my emotions...or rather, give myself space to have them. We aren't pregnant yet with number two. That might be one of the hardest life things right now. I think that is why it was so nice to start a job and have friends and see people. I didn't think about little brett not having a sibling a million times a day. At least he had friends to play with at school. The poor kid misses going to walmart and grandmas and just being able to go out and about and do our thing. Yes, I've probably shopped less, but little Brett still tells me everyday new names he would like for his brother and/or sister. haha. He has some creative ones, but I don't think when we do have another kid we will use his names. He might be devastated at first, but he will get over it.

okay. I'll just leave it at that for now. Life has been weird. I need a few deep breaths every now and then....and I'm sick of cooking and playing inside with my kid. I can't wait to browse walmart when I don't want to walk in the cold outside. yeah....I miss people watching. I only get so much of that out my front window. At least I live in an active lil neighborhood.

No comments: