Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dare to Trust Yourself

Today I was forced to think about some of the reasons I really should dare to trust myself.
  • If I don't, who will?
  • It doesn't always matter what others think
  • I am the only one who knows the promptings I get
  • I'm the only one who knows what I think and feel
  • It helps me figure out who I am
  • I'd rather figure out who I am now and not 20 yrs from now
  • At the end of the day I'm the only one who has to live with me
  • So I can learn to stand alone
  • Not everyone will always agree with me
So much more I would like to say but where to begin.

I am taking 3 classes right now. English (creative writing class), Natural Disasters, American Foundations. I honestly think different things in each class are making or breaking it for me. But the people in the class play a big part. I always get so nervous about English classes and they turn out to be some of my best classes. Lots of reading, but its all good topics. I have learned a lot more than I would've expected to learn in my American Foundations class. Again, lots of reading. Perhaps I would learn more from Natural Disasters if I could get in to the reading. Tomorrow I'm going to a study group, maybe that will help. I think I have okay quality teachers in each of my classes....some I like better than others, but Its all good. The thing that I have found that's the cherry on top is the people I come in contact with in class. Some are better than others. I guess I have many weeks left to meet people still, but I have had some pretty positive experiences so far in meeting kind people. And I have had less than positive in some classes. People drive me crazy that just sit in class and play angry birds or text. My bad for sitting in the back. I want to remember this so I have to make a comment about my sitting in the back and the conversations I've had around that. One kid has been sitting next to me in one of my classes. He came to class one day and was so serious....He asked why it was that I sat so far in the back. He really really wants to sit up front, but doesn't want to leave me in the back alone. I think its that or he doesn't wanna be near that masses of girls that are flirting with the other boys in class. Who knows....either way. I'll take it. He can sit next to me and listen to my ranting in class.

No comments: