Sunday, February 2, 2014

#thekidsneedtoknow

Kid President is one of my favorite people to watch on YouTube. And if you know me, you know I watch quite a lot of YouTube.

I watched the video that he made about a letter to a person on their first day here. He just had a nephew born and thought he should give the kid some advice. Teaching kids how to be awesome people....good idea huh? Then he invited everyone to teach someone younger than them a few things. Soooo it got me thinking. I should blog about this. I am always around people younger than me. Let's be real, we can teach people older than us to be good people too. I was hoping I could get some help on good advice for kids, but I'll pull out a few things on my own. I'll own this blog post by myself ;)

Sooo share this video with others if you read this.

To my nieces and nephews:
  • Be Kind
  • Love your parents even when you don't agree (they are pretty cool people you know, but none of us are perfect)
  • Spend time together
  • Don't waste your money
To all my past roommates:
  • Don't hold a grudge, will the small annoyances really matter in 4-5 yrs
  • Service is the key, I actually learned this from you
  • Ice cream isn't a therapist but probably cheaper, so lets eat that together more often :)
  • Laugh and Hug often
To my current roommates:
  • Clean someone else's mess ocassionally, a clean dish is a happy dish, a clean home is a happy home, and don't we really just all want to be happy??
  • Talk it out. Don't assume anything. Remember the mote and beam?
  • Don't forget to forgive, we won't all be around each other forever
  • Choose to be happy  


PS....I'm not on facebook anymore

No comments: