Saturday, July 12, 2014

Maverick Benson 7/11/14

I just wanted to take a minute to post a few pictures from this week. My sister found out on Tuesday evening that her baby's heart stopped beating. I think a little of hers stopped that day too. It was a long week to say that least. This week my parents were in Chicago on a business trip and so my sister in laws and the ward family stepped in to help support my sister. Brittany (Jordan's wife) went with Tina to her doctor's appointment on Wednesday. They decided to induce her on Thursday evening. Wendy (Joe's wife) came to spend time with Tina on Wednesday and Thursday. Then by the time Tina had to go in to deliver Nikki (Jared's wife) had come to help support as well. By Friday/delivery day my Aunt Linda and cousin Nikki had come to be with Tina as well. My Mom and Dad got there little while after baby was born.


 Just as everyone got to the hospital they text me a few pics.
 Maverick Benson was born 7/11/14 at 1:35 pm weighing in at 5lbs 2oz and 18 in long. I still have yet to get the complete story. It was an emotional day and so details were not so quick to come. I talked to Wendy after Maverick was born to get the update that although things were emotional, Tina's health was fine.

 Tina has always loved making little collages. This was one she put on facebook.

 Felicia Williams from Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (an organization to help families going through this hard time of losing a little one) was able to come be there just after Maverick's birth to photograph some memories of the little time they got to spend together. I am so glad my friend Wanita shared this website with me. I actually emailed a photographer on Wednesday and within an hour or two she had called me and said her schedule was full but that she had already found someone else who wasn't on the directory yet who would be willing and able to help our family. I got a phone call from her and we talked a little bit and then I put her in touch with my sister. With so much going on I spaced the fact that this was Felicia's first experience getting to volunteer. I am so thankful for her and her willingness to help and hear that she did a wonderful job. My sister sent me these photos that Felicia took. They plan on using them at the funeral services that will be held on Tuesday of this coming week.
Here is a link to Felicia's Facebook Page. Thank You again so much.


I'm kind of glad I don't know all of the details yet. It isn't really my story to share, but thank you everyone for taking care of my sister and my nephew. Can't wait to meet you someday Mav.  Love, your favorite Aunt Beth

No comments: