Monday, July 23, 2012

Education.

   I have no idea what I'm doing with this layout. Sending things from my phone isn't as easy these days. It's not a smart phone. Sorry if this looks horrible. Friday July 20th I graduated with my Associates in General Studies. Most people have asked, whats next? Well, I am going to keep going. I realize it took me forever to get to this point so I wanted to make sure I took the chance to walk and do the whole graduation ceremony because I didn't want to miss that opportunity, plus its a good motivator to keep going with my education. My awesome friend Cami came to support me and my new friend Melanie let me sit by her and her sister. It apparently doesn't matter where you sit for the commencement portion. We got front and center. It only took us 15 minutes to pile everyone in. 1679 degrees...the biggest graduating class thus far. I assume it will only continue to grow since that's all it has done since summer of 2000 when I first started. We heard lots of good advice from lots of speakers throughout the night. I was reminded that I need to keep a journal to record my thoughts, keep my covenants, realize times get hard but I can make it, keep reading, be a leader. Those insights weren't necessarily word for work from the speakers, but they were the things that I want to remember. It was a long semester with lots of adjusting. I loved my teachers even if I didn't always love the subject matter. I could've done better, but I'm not killing myself over my grades...I'd rather have my sanity. I think I still have a B average overall. I made a couple friends and hope to keep up that habit of friend making. I have a 7 week break before classes start again. I hope to find a job to keep when classes start up again. I will be taking the first medical assisting class and lab and the second portion of Anatomy and Physiology. 9 credits again until I can apply and get accepted for a track as a tradition student. This past semester I changed my major to Health Science with a public health emphasis and minor in medical assisting. I guess we will see how it goes. For now, that's the plan. Now to go find all my shot records that are probably hiding in a storage unit that might as well be burnt down because no one wants to find my information once its been put away in a box with hundreds of other old patients things too.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Congratulations, Beth!!! Good luck with your new major--I always dreamed of doing a master's in public health, so I'm a bit jealous that that's what you've chosen to study! :)