Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Be Thou Humble...just a reminder for myself

This scripture was in my last few weeks of my Doctrine and Covenants class here at BYU-Idaho.

Section 112:10  Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.

Of all of the scriptures that I have read recently this is one that has the most meaning to me. I need to share it to remember the significance for myself. I forget so much what it means to be humble. I have opinions and ideas that lead me to do things. Sometimes that's great and sometimes I get carried away with my own agenda. That's great that God has blessed me with the personality and talents, but these words remind me that I really should ask for His opinions and direction a little bit more (okay a lot more). If I ever expect to have my prayers answered I need to go with the promptings I get even if they hurt my ego or plans a little bit. It will be better for me in the long run. I really do believe that He can do more with my life than I can ever hope to do alone. 

That being said...
I get frustrated that I can't always explain the things I do (but can anyone ever do that really?). I'm trying to do the right things for the right reasons. If I don't explain that well....my bad....maybe next time. 

No comments: