Tuesday, July 7, 2015

17w 4d

I guess I haven't been so good about pregnancy updates. I should do better since it is out there for everyone to know now. We had been busy with family reunion stuff and then getting unpacked and getting things cleaned up after vacation seemed to take forever. 

Everyone was telling me I could look forward to second trimester because then I'd get my energy back. That seemed like a joke. Have I mentioned morning sickness only set in late in my first trimester and then continued for a couple more weeks. I also had gotten to the point where anything I was wearing that was remotely tight or close to my neck made me gag. I can't even wear my wedding ring without getting sick. Weird junk like that is what my life is all about right now. 

I will say I had some prayers answered that I could make it through a cross country road trip without too much incident. I never once got sick in the car. I don't think I blew up on anyone or cried in public at all. I even made it on a hike through mammoth cave in Kentucky. I got to visit friends in Nebraska and I also got to visit my family in ohio for a couple days too. All of that was on our way to Alabama. It was fun meeting Brett's extended family on his moms side. I really did have a good time. I just wish I wouldn't have been so tired so much. 

Last Friday I had a doctors appointment. I asked for a glucose screening a lil early. The doctor ok'd it. So after we asked all of our questions and booked our next appointment and I drank the tasty sugary orange drink we headed to the lab for a blood draw. I'm glad we asked for the tests. As it turns out I failed the glucose test. Which means I need further more in depth testing to see if I have gestational diabetes. They also mentioned that I'm anemic. I apparently switched to a prenatal vitamin that didn't include iron. Oops. Not a wise choice on my part. Oh well. After a few days on an additional iron supplement I'm feeling like this energy I've heard about is coming back. Yay! 

I'm not sure there's really much else to update about. My three hour glucose Tolerance test is tomorrow morning. 

I have normal aches and pains. My belly is always cold but everything else is always hot. Feverish feelings come and go. I am a lil stuffy and full of mucus.  My feet have only gotten swollen a couple times but the fat feet went away after keeping them up and a good nights rest. 

Well that's that. I guess maybe I'll update again once I know the other test results. Oh and honestly... I already had a belly before getting pregnant so I'm only slightly showing. Clothes would fit me I I felt like squeezing into them but I'd rather wear bigger things. Maternity clothes for plus size girls also don't exist! Sheesh. Oh well. I wear skirts and dresses as much as I can and some clothes I inherited from my late aunt Linda. 











No comments: