Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Glucose Tolerance Test (3 hour)

I went into to hospital lab this morning to do this 3 hour blood test. I won't give all the details, but I'll give a few of them. I only had to take this one because my sugar levels were too high during the 1 hr glucose test I took last week. I was borderline insulin resistant before getting pregnant so I was worried about it being a problem during pregnancy. I wanted to find out sooner than later if it was an issue.

Well anyway....I chose the fruit punch 100 gram sugar drink and then the blood draws began. One to start with and then one each hour for 3 hours.

At 6pm I got a call from my doctors office letting me know that the results were fine. I don't have gestational diabetes. I didn't bother asking if we will have to test again later. I hope this is for good. I guess I better start making healthier choices. I don't do horrible, but I know there is always room for improvement.

I also got a call saying our quad screen blood test came back negative as well. Good news on two tests today. Just thought I'd share.

And ps, Brett is back on 3rd shift. Not my favorite. I hope we can find him a permanent job before the baby comes with better hours and some perks or benefits. Good vibes, prayers and all that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
BP

No comments: