Friday, August 14, 2015

Thoughts too long for a fb status update

More and more my hormones remind me that I'm pregnant. I'm actually going to have a baby. Blows my mind. 

This morning Brett got home and had to hurry up and get a few hours of sleep. We had been making plans for months to be in a backup choir for the Nashville Tribute Band. Our call time was 3. Brett wanted to make sure to get in his plasma  donation too. So with only a few hours to sleep I put some lavender in the diffuser and then rubbed some on his feet. Then I went to go get some weekend laundry done. That's when I heard dripping from the closet where the hot water heater was. I'm not sure why I got so worked up. I was a little bit freaking out. I couldn't get ahold of the landlord or my brother and the in laws didn't know how to fix it. I called my dad and he helped. But not before I woke up Brett because I couldn't deal with it on my own without him knowing I was freaking out. Why in the world was I crying?! I've fixed bigger problems with less tears. Dang this baby. 

Thankfully Brett eventually slept and I got some laundry done and I got showered. Life was ok. The landlord finally text and said they're sending someone over on Monday. I guess I'll ask this plumber a few more questions about the apartment too. 

We made it to our call time. Things were not quite clear on instructions throughout the evening. I guess with big events you just expect that. Once we made it to Sandy Downs we had our sound check rehearsal. It was fun. I'll just jump ahead and say....little did we know that was the only time we would get to sing with them. I'll post a YouTube video on the events of the night. 

While we waited for our showtime I was texting my mom. She wants to see belly pictures. Well I'm not your normal sized or skinny sized pregnant girl. Anyone who knows me knows that. Everyone is different too. I get that. But I will say it's a little strange to be 23 weeks pregnant. (Pregnancy is 40 weeks long FYI) and I'm not showing any prominent abnormal belly bulge. I've always had a belly on me and this kid is growing underneath in a cozy casing of my uterus and adipose tissue. Hiding so far down that it won't show off very well any distinguishing sex organs. So when I seem emotional and tired and cranky... I more look fat and lazy not pregnant and emotional. It's probably  got an upside, like, no ones reaching to touch my pregnant belly yet but it's just weird that I'm over halfway through this and it's not visible. I usually like to stay in the shadows or be low key but I gotta stop reading pregnancy articles from my pregnancy app. They keep talking about normal pregnancy stuff and my situation isn't like others. It's dumb feeling like I can't relate to anyone else's experience. It's not fun but oh well. Everything isn't always roses and sunshine. Just feeling kind of down tonight and I still have no friends in town. So I might as well talk to the blog before I head to bed. 

Goodnight. I'm out.
BP



 







No comments: