Monday, February 23, 2009

Blogs...and Dating...

I have been reading lots of blogs lately...friends...and then friends of friends. I found this http://31datesin31days.com/ and have had fun reading things every now and then. My favorite part of it that I read tonight was......this:

So if you're wondering, "Where is Prince Charming?" then you need not look far.He is your neighbor. Your friend. Your co-worker. He is that stranger across from you.He might not be your Prince Charming, but he certainly is someone's.I hope to keep that perspective in mind on every future date.

someone once told me you should never say no on a first date unless you feel there is something morally questionable with the guy. You could be helping out someone else's husband even if it doesn't work out for you! right? riiight... its all about the charity :) I guess these two things are the same train of thought. Not that I've had too much to worry about in the dating arena for awhile. I have mixed emotions about dating right now. Some people sit around wishing and hoping to get asked out. Eh, I don't. And then generally when I'm with a guy or guys...I'd prefer it not be a date. Seems like its been tainted for me. Basically I'm fully aware of the fact that I should have a better attitude about it, but I don't. All my weird experiences are hard to add up, to make sense of, so I'm trying to piece together a good "lesson learned"...maybe then I can move on with a fresh view of things and a better attitude towards dating. AND I guess in the mean time I'll be happy with befriending HER prince charming and living my strangly hilarious fairytale of life. Dating or not. Single or married. Its my life to live...and I'm going to enjoy it.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I really like the idea that every guy is some one's prince charming...which means every girl (including you my wonderful Beth) are someone's Princess in waiting!

Also... I think I have said that about first dates. I don't know if I'm the one who first said it to you, but I alwasy kind of agreed with it.

You're right, dating or not, it is you life and I'm glad your enjoying it!

Tressa said...

I never really thought about it that way, but it's so true. I'm glad you're enjoying life! And I'm glad that you still want to read my blog - it's so fun to get to see what you're up to!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,
Such lovely thought...and you have guts to share too...I have been thinking the same since my teenage dating.
It's true to be not saying No on the first date & I'll share my bit of experience soon on it.
Hope u find ur prince charming sooner than u even think...

Thanks.

How to Get a Date - Jack Reed