Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Remember when...

This morning I woke up to my nephew Bryce tapping me on the head telling me "ITS MORNING! WAKE UP!... daddy said so, but don't tell him" haha RIIIGHT Bryce, your dad told you to wake me up at 7 am. I doubt it, but it was pretty funny that he wanted me to be awake. I had slept at their house cause I stopped by for a visit last night and just didn't feel like driving home. So I crashed on their couch. While we were watching American Idol Bryce had asked me to sleep in his bed with him but he fell asleep long before I really had to do that. Basically after I was finally up because of Bryce.... Jake came downstairs and pulled the phrase "remember when..." He went on to talk about the time I lived with them in 2001-ish in huber heights. Stacey was driving a 97 mustang and I had my lil red ford festiva. I loved that POC car. I never worried about anyone hitting it. It couldn't really look any worse than it already did...as long as it kept running I was ok. SOOO one morning Stacey was in a super rush to get to work and Jake had been telling her to slow down and chill out. He always makes a big deal about stuff though when no one else thinks they need to chill out. So I can see why his statement would go ignored. Stacey didn't slow down and just automatically backed out of her driveway like normal and smashed into my driver side door. I just laughed. No big deal. Jake took a hammer to my door and pounded it out that way I could open it all the way and no harm done, right? Stacey felt bad but I'm sure she got over it. So fast forward to this morning....the "remember when...Stacey hit your car... well she did it again" hahaha but i guess its funnier this time because she actually moved it first and was trying to be careful. Their van has a lil camera you can look at while you back up. Well she did see my car, but didn't see the driver side rear view mirror. haha. She clipped it and it fell or something. Jake temporarily put it back on. It seems to be on fine, but he still says there is something he needs to do to reinforce it. Stacey called me to apologize but really its not a big deal. AND I got a good laugh out of it. I'm glad that my things don't mean so much to me. Maybe I should care more, but I don't.

1 comment:

Stacey Kirchner said...

I remember that car! Great times were had in that car! You're the best.