Thursday, February 19, 2009

Funny thoughts...

Thanks Kristy... this blog is pretty funny. www.myregisblog.blogspot.com

so my favorite story that I read so far was....(i'll just copy and past)

A guy from the stake presidency came and told us to remember not to tell stories or give sermons on Fast Sunday when you are supposed to be bearing a testimony.And I know that it is mostly because of that little Mexican lady that always stands up there for 20 minutes crying and talking about something with her kids or maybe something about a bike (I don’t know, I can’t understand her), but I guess it also means I won’t be sharing this faith promoting story next testimony meeting:Last Tuesday I went to pick up some food at this Thai place. When I pulled up, I turned off the car and tried to pull out the key. It wouldn’t come out. I tried brute force, I tried carefully turning it, but it wouldn’t budge. Next I decided to just go home and figure it out, but then it wouldn’t start either. I sat there for 10 minutes trying to turn the key both ways. I was thinking about how I will have to get a ride home and get it towed and I admit I shouted a lot of words that made the angels sad.But then after I ran out of swear words, I decided to calm down and say a little prayer to ask for help. Shortly after the prayer I realized that the car was still in drive and that is why it wouldn’t start or let go of the key.Which reinforced an important principal that I have learned over the years:God does answer prayers. Sometimes the answer is “yes,” sometimes the answer is “no,” and sometimes the answer is “you’re an idiot.” But He always answers prayers.

When I read this I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. Basically. Something like that has happened to me before. Can't say how long ago it was, but it was in the days of the Festiva. I had to stop by my mom's work to get something from her real quick. I just remember being in a huge hurry. I went back out to my car after having talked to my mom and it wouldnt start. I was for sure it was my moms fault! I don't know how she really couldve done anything wrong to it. I'm pretty sure I just wanted to blame someone else. Either way....I was freaking out and then called my dad. I'm like "DAD! WHY WONT MY CAR START!...yadda yadda yadda" going on with some sob story about how something my mom had done probably screwed it up. I should probably apologize to my mom now that i think about it. BUT...he was super calm...and then proceded to ask me what I was doing. I said I put the key in the freaking car and tried to start it and it wont start! why not?!?!?! Then he went back through what you need to make sure you do before you start a car. Back to basics friends....thats what it is all about. He told me to put the car in park. I'm sure I wouldve automatically assumed that the car was there, but then I got back to my car and sure enough. I just needed to do a simple change...put the car in park. DUH. so simple. So well my story isnt realllly the same because I didnt really swear up a storm, but I did get a big attitude. AND I don't really remember praying to figure out the answer...but I did go to my earthly father for some guidance. okay, sooo maybe these two stories dont have a ton in common but it did remind me of my story. I always love remembering funny stories. AND of course this is one of those stories you wouldnt hear me tell in a sacrament meeting.

1 comment:

Stacey Kirchner said...

I've done that so many times, it's not even funny. And each time I get so frustrated, and then I figure it out. Talk about feeling dumb! Hehehee...oh and our stake president needs to mention the Fast Sunday thing AGAIN. We still have people getting up there EVERY fast Sunday talking about their work, and various other non spiritual things.