Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 11-30 / Thanksgiving and other things

I have sort of failed with this progression of thankfulness that I was trying to do. I am not really having a hard time of finding things to be thankful for, just finding time to figure out how to categorize them and record them all.

This month I have mostly just been looking forward to being done with BYUI. I have 2 and a half weeks left. I am really looking forward to getting a job and living the life of a working person instead of a working part time student.

I have no idea what kind of adventures this coming year will hold for me...but I always love a good adventure. I just hope I can keep my smile and keep a good attitude.


Thanksgiving was probably the most unusual type of thanksgiving I've had. I decided I didn't want to drive down to Utah so I spent my time hanging around Blackfoot with my boy. It worked out better that way anyhow because he had to move out of the house he was living in. So many truck loads of things to put in his parents storage room. We didn't have our feast on thursday like normal. Brett's parents were out of town until that day so we planned on eating together with his family on Friday. It was really good food and fun to be with his family. Actually his mom cooked us dinner on thursday night that was really good too. It just wasn't a normal thanksgiving meal. I think we had chicken patties with mashed potatoes and gravy. mmm mmm good. Then after dinner Brett and I helped make Key lime pie, and chocolate pie. His mom had made a cherry pie and pumpkin pie and his sister brought a pecan pie. We had turkey and stuffing and all of that normal stuff. I made corn casserole and there was veggies and potatoes and things. Leftovers happened the day or two after as well. I always love thanksgiving leftovers. Its been good. It was a long thanksgiving reading online about everyone  being with family. I do miss living near my family sometimes, but I have plenty of friends nearby. They don't replace, but my life is happy either way.

I might not get on to post for another week or so, but this november has been good. We have had great warm weather. Brett took me to see The Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean. I have always wanted to see that. Brett and I are also going to Lava Hot Springs this week...which is another thing I've always wanted to do. I may be stressed about school and other things, but life is over all pretty good.

If anyone wants to send some good thoughts and prayers my way so that I'll find a job...I'll gladly welcome them. That is one major thing that needs to happen in my life in the next couple weeks. Then my birthday, then graduation...then christmas...then...life.... Thanks for reading my ramblings if you made it this far.
till next time.
BB

No comments: