Saturday, November 8, 2014

Thankful posts 6 & 7

I haven't gone back to my prompts lately but this might get out of hand if I don't keep up with recording all the things I'm thankful for. 
Nov 6- senses are what I have to be thankful for this day. Most say there are only 5 senses but I'm thankful for six of them...Intuition being the sixth. It has served me well in practicing massage and in other areas of my life. I'm thankful for my sight as limited as it is without glasses. I've known blind people and have spent time reflecting on all that I would miss without it. My hearing has helped me hear beautiful music. I'm thankful for touch because it helps me feel hugs. I'm thankful for smell because I have so many wonderful memories associated with smell. Not to mention who doesn't love the smell of a loved one that lingers. Not the dead body kinda smell but the freshly showered up and clean boyfriend smell :) just thought I should clarify. And last but not least of the senses ... taste. Thinking of tasting holiday food makes me happy. 
Nov 7- I'm thankful for 7 days in a week to get things done. Monday's I'm thankful for family home evening. I'm glad this day is a day set apart at my church to bring family together at their home. Tuesday I'm grateful that Tuesday's a work day for me.and that you can always find cheaper movies on a Tuesday. Wednesday is a day I'll always remember for going to institute or other church activities. It's not generally what I use it for anymore though. Thursday I'm thankful for it acting as the last day of my school week for now. I made a decision to drive a half hour m-th to get to school and it's been hard on me. Friday has always been a play day. I'm thankful that it's the official start of the weekend. Saturday's are always a get ready for Sunday day. I've liked to bake and rest and reset and do laundry on this day. And I've been thankful that I've been able to travel lots on the weekends too. Sunday is a day that I'll forever be thankful that I can go to church and take the sacrament. I'm thankful that I was baptized and that I can renew those covenants that I made to mourn with those that mourn and to stand as a witness of God at all times when I take the sacrament. Hopefully I'll always do a little better each week. 




No comments: