Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My first visit with Isaiah James...

I decided I wanted to post some more pictures of my visit with the new baby of the family. I need to go visit them now that they are home, but I'm kind of snowed in. Its a better day for blogging and reading and napping than anything else. He was born at the hospital on the Wright-Patterson Air force Base out here. I'm not sure how that all worked out, but since Jared got out of the army he still has access to base and they filled out paperwork and got accepted to have the baby there. Worked out nicely, but that hospital feels like you are in an airport. I was waiting for them to call "all passenger boarding flight 1254 to gate C3" at any moment. There was an overhead speaker system that someone was saying something. I just kind of filled in my own words. There were pictures of planes everywhere and just the overall feel wasn't what I'm used to when walking into a hospital. And maybe that's because its not the hospital I work at and go in at least 2 days a week. SO here are more pictures......
I feel a little bit bad for not really getting the girls really cleaned up to go see the baby, but it was such a long night and I was tired. They were at least lucky to have warm clothes on. These girls do not like wearing clothing. This was the first time they met their baby brother Isaiah.
He is so precious. All snuggled up in these warm blankets and this cute lil hat.
The girls didn't want him wearing the hat. Angela kept coming over and wanting to poke his cheeks and take his hat off. So I just let her keep the hat off. Poking his face with her lil fingers was making me nervous though. She was smiling so big at him.
Then my mom and Stacey came for a visit. It was quite a full room.
Nikki was supposed to be trying to feed him, but she didn't want to wake him up. Not to mention I think she was super tired because they went in at midnight and she was up all night until he came at 7 in the morning.
We took him out in the hallway while the nurse was in with Nikki. Apparently we were too close to some door with him and we were setting off an alarm :) haha. oops. I unwrapped him so we could get a better look at how big he was (or little).
After awhile I realized it was about 1 or 2 in the afternoon and the girls hadn't had a nap. I think Angela was done looking at the baby and wanted some attention for herself. She kept throwing herself on the floor and crying and getting angry. aww poor baby. I have no idea how they are going to stay sane with 3 children in diapers! ahhhhh...
This was Jennifer finally getting super cranky from lack of sleep and just wanted to be with her mommy. When we peeled her off of Nikki she screamed the whole way out of the hospital. Broke Nikki's heart. Sorry. I guess maybe I should have made sure they had food and a nap before we went to see the baby. I wasn't thinking. I just really wanted to see him myself.
I was getting some fun faces.
This was another picture from when we were out in the hallway giving Nikki some space. This still cracks me up that Jennifer sucks her thumb like my cousin Zak did when he was just a lil guy. And Just so you know.....Jennifer insisted that I let her put that thing in her hair. oh for the love...it was struggling. I think if I had my choice I would probably just have lots of boys....girls are so difficult. Super cute, but difficult.











No comments: