Monday, January 19, 2009

NEWS FLASH

I'm so excited and overwhelmed! I honestly was really nervous on thursday of last week. BUT that is the day that I found out. I PASSED THE EXAM!!! I am now one of the newest Licensed Massage Therapists in the state of OHIO! That is why I'm so excited right now. I thought for sure I had failed. It was a hard test. I graduated 3 years ago from The Utah College of Massage Therapy. I took a few A&P classes since then, but nothing relating to how they teach massage here in ohio. I was pretty dang nervous as to how it would all turn out. I took a review class in columbus to brush up on some things. That is where I met quite a few people who were on their 3rd time taking the test. I'm so thankful for the education that I have. As it turns out UCMT is a pretty dang good school....and that review class was totally worth it. AND if I have to toot my own horn for just a minute .... I think I will.... I DID IT! Thanks to anyone who said a lil prayer for me and helped me at all. So now what?? thats the overwhelming part. I spent a whole evening making phone calls just being excited. And as soon as my car is working again it will be a little easier to do some different types of job hunting. I would really like to not have to work on sunday. I thought it was about time I posted a blog about it since I tried to call half of my contacts in my phone and text the other half. I know there are some people in the blog world that aren't even in my phone or on my facebook. That's my big news for the start of my 2009.

ALSO... in other news... This summer is going to be 10 years since I graduated high school. WOW. I'm still a lil in shock about that one. BUT...hopefully I'll be able to attend the reunions that will be happening. I guess its looking like the Show Low Reunion will be in June. Dont know a date yet. If anyone isn't on facebook.... you should check this out. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=55540974179&topic=6063#/group.php?gid=55540974179

hopefully you can see any of that. I'm not sure if you have to facebook or not, but a few people have been talking about having a reunion.

And as for my REAL high school. The one I attended for my 10th-12th grade years. Its looking like I have no clue when that is going down....but someone is gathering info ...maybe i'll get an invite eventually... if not, oh well. Its not the end of the world.

SO looks like that is all of my new for now. Its possible that I forgot something....but the massage stuff was top on my list to talk about anyway because I'm sure there are more people out there that dont know yet.

have a fabulous day.
*BB

4 comments:

jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That's so exciting! And hey, when you need your hair done, you know I always love to trade! ;)

Stacey Kirchner said...

HORRAY!! Congrats Beth. I am so excited for you. Want to send some of your brain power this way?!! Good job.

aj perkins said...

Congratulations on passing your test, that's really exciting. Wish you were here so I could get a massage!! Can you believe it's been 10 years?? I think it's crazy and it makes me feel so old. Anyways, it's good to see your 2009 is off to a good start, take care.

Cheryl said...

Did I already tell you how awesome it is that you passed! Great job! So are you now out for an awesome massage job? good luck!