Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Posting just to post...

I almost went to bed without saying anything. BUT this post was on my list of things to do today. And I've decided to start back up with my list making again this year. I really do get much more done when I use them. Is just a matter of having something to write with in the mornings. See I cant write lists on the computer, that opens up wayy too much for me when I open this computer. Then next thing you know an internet browser opens and I'm off in the blogger world for an hour or so and then I gotta see what is going on in facebookland. Who has posted pictures and videos? and what is everyone up to? and I spend so much time wondering and keeping up on people I forget that I have a life I have to tend to ocassionally. I love all my friends and they make me smile so much but one last productive thing for myself today.

Sorry tina that I dropped off the face of the planet for a couple weeks. SHEESH. give me a break. It was only a couple weeks. I did have a few holidays in there that I had ...well stuff going on. Not even alot of stuff, but I had a girls night that was filled with a few fun movies (newsies and legally blonde...two movies you rarely get guys to watch). We had a concert to go participate in. Xenia High School Vocal Ensemble alumni concert. Apparently the kids begged to have this concert this year that almost was taken of the schedule. So I went and again got up and sang the last traditional song "on the roof...i saw santa claus" I was up on stage with 3 of my brothers. WOW. time flies. I can't believe the little brothers are in high school. And then the other little brother is expecting baby number this month. I can't wait for another nephew to come along. Then like I said, holidays. We had christmas eve at jake and staceys house. lots of yummy food, and fun presents. Got some homemade stuff. (thanks Tina and Anthony) still dont know where i'll really put the wooden plaque thing with my name, but in the mean time....its staying on my shelf. It was such a long day. I still remember taking a nap at 8, then waking up to go home because I had to work christmas day. Made it a strange Christmas for me. I work 630 am to 3pm. Pretty much all festivities in our household are held in the AM. So after work I went over to mom and dads even though nothing was going on. Mom had a couple more presents for me a guess. She got me a few items of clothing the week before when we were out shopping and I thought that was my christmas present. (mom doesn't like picking on her own for picky people...oops, sorry mom, love all my new clothes though!) And then I got a sweet contact case that I wanted. Small and simple. love it. And a cork board for me and my roommates for our home. I think we will continue to rotate all the wedding announcements that we get on it. If I ever figure out which wall to put it on. I mean sheesh, our fridge is just getting to full of annoucements and invitations. So after getting a few things from my mom. I took ANOTHER nap. Then got up just in time to go home and change real fast before going out to see YES MAN with a couple friends.
There was also the new years party that I went to. Which was another night I had to cut short at 1am :) because i had to work early the next morning. I've never felt better though than that day...dont know how 4 hours of sleep was sufficient for that whole day, but i managed. We banged pots and pans and blew horns and ate a little Olive Garden that night. Only a small party, but it was lots of fun. We almost watched mama mia, but then too many boys showed up and protested, or maybe just way loudly talked over the whole movie. It ended up coming out and the wii was turned on.
Somewhere in the middle of my working i'm sure I spent a few long evenings talking with friends. I know one night I went to Geoffs and spent 3 hrs talking about the gospel and other who knows what kind of topics because I wanted to go over there and borrow a dvd or something. And then one day I stopped by to pick up bananas they had just screaming to be made into a loaf of bread...so I ended up talking with BOB over an hour on that quick trip. So I'm a lil attached to their couches and conversation over there. I can't help it.
Then Sam came into town. (old roommate from BYU idaho) I didnt get much sleep while she was here either. It was lots of fun though. I got her from the airport and we stopped by my moms so she could meet her. Then we headed off to jungle jims to see the fun that is there. We got a few things for dinner. She is dominican and so i asked her to make a lil domincan food. I figured I would have a few friends over. Which turned into sort lots of friends over. It was all good though. Thanks to holly and sam for providing the food and the cooking skills. Thanks to everyone for providing entertainment. I finally got to play taboo...the best game ever! Thanks to Holly for giving me that and Music & Lyrics for christmas. I have watched it a couple times already. Or ate least had it playing in the background. We had it playing the night Andrew came over and it took us a lifetime to wrap all of his families christmas presents before he headed home to Oregon to spend the holidays with his fam.
Where am I now?? OH yeah...losing lots of sleep...currently and in the last few weeks. I guess if i sit and take a look at my habits I wouldn't be too surprised at the fact that i've had a steady cough since december 8th or 9th. Happy birthday to me huh?? DANG. what am i thinking. And then on top of that...I didnt plan on going to see a doctor. I just figured I would try to drink more water, eat better and get sleep. That didnt happen, and somehow...totally unrelated to the coughing i'm sure. other than the fact that they are both occuring in my body. I have come up with a nastly lil case of dermatitis. I don't get it. It creeps me out. Unexplaind bumps on my face and neck are never a good sign. So on sunday, I couldnt wait any longer...I went to see a doctor and got some meds. hopefully they will kick in soon! That and a blessing and prayers should do the trick. Unless I need to learn a lil lesson about what its like to feel like a leper....I dont know. It could happen. Thats sort of how i feel even though I guess it doesnt look as nasty as it feels. ok its quite possible this could be wayyy too full of things no one could possibly want to read about. I didnt even finish saying what Sam and I did after dinner on sat. We almost got a few hours of sleep....Then Katrina, Ben, Holly, Andrew, Mary, Sam, Tyler and I all went to visit Kirtland. We had a good trip. Its always a lot more fun to go with people who haven't ever been before. I can't even begin to figure out how many times I have been to Kirtland and Hiram Ohio. We visited the Kirtland Temple. Which apparently was sort of new. The Community of Christ church owns it and they recently built a new visitors center. The intro video wasnt so impressing but the opening up the curtain behind the screen to big glass windows that let you see the temple was pretty cool. I just wish the sacredness of a temple was more talked about. But Kirtlands temple played a bigger role in the past than it does now I feel. I guess it makes so much more sense as to why it wouldnt be smart to just let any and everyone in and out on a tour basis day in and day out to see what the temple is all about. loses something when its no longer the dedicated house of the Lord. I will forever be grateful to the people who sacrificed so much to make that beginning in kirtland. The place where prophets and early saints walked. Left a decent legacy. So much revelation given that was recorded for us all. (and we get to study it in SS this year) another reason it was good timing to go visit. AND>>>>then...back to normal life and work and such.

and...just so you know whats coming up. I'm super excited for this Friday and Saturday. I will be watching a movie with some girls on Friday early evening...because then I have to go to bed super duper early so I can get into work early. Me and Katie will be going to see Wicked in KY on Saturday! I have waited so long to see it. We bought season tickets to this theater. Should be pretty awesome.

OH and I just wanted to say...in a couple of days. (Jan 9Th to be specific) I will have been working at the Hospital for 7 months. I'm pretty sure that's my all time record for having been employed consecutively with the same employer since I've been in the working world. wow, I'm due for another job aren't i??

Hopefully by January 15Th I'll know if I'm one of the newest licensed massage therapists in Ohio. I have been getting comments upon comments of people saying...I'm sure you passed. Well just so you know, It was a super hard test. AND I'm NOT so sure I passed. So if I fail to mention it that day...you might be good on guessing I didn't pass. Or you can just good license search for medical professions and look up my name to see if I am licensed. Its public knowledge. Not like I can hide that from anyone. I'm pretty sure it will say Failed if i did...but pending if its not up yet. The letter probably wont get to me in the mail till Feb. or something. I was thinking of possibly getting a part time job with massage at a clinic or spa if I have passed though. But I have other ideas as well.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things that have happened in the last few weeks. BUT I'm going to say I've typed enough to suffice for one evening. That is getting things a little bit caught up. I still think pictures speak a 1000 words. I wish I could've posted some of them with this....that just takes too long though....

if you made it this far... BIG STAR AND PAT ON THE BACK FOR YOU... I'm so proud of you for sticking it out. It was suggested that I do a bullet point blog for this one since i needed to catch up. but... Then I would've been mad i didn't write more.

2 comments:

Anthony & Tina & Family said...

WOW...that was a long one but I'm SO glad that you write as much as you do so that I can stay up to date in your life..too bad you can't post things on a calendar so that I'll know they are happening ahead of time ...like the Ensemble Reunion..i would have love to have been there to take pictures and to hear all of you singing together...what fun...Maybe we can get mom into using the computer more and posting events on a family calendar before they happen...you should help me arrange that...love you

Unknown said...

I stuck it out too!! :) Great post!