Saturday, July 26, 2008

ANYWAY...

You can spend your whole life buildin'
Somethin' from nothin'
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway
[chorus:]
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
When I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway
I do it anyway
This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe
That tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway
You can love someone with all your heart
For all the right reasons
And in a moment they can choose to walk away
love 'em anyway
You can pour your soul out singing
A song you believe in
That tomorrow they’ll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway
Yeah, sing it anyway
I sing, I dream, I love
Anyway
(sung by Martina McBride)
This song is just inspiring to me.
I was recently thinking about things that have happened in the past. I couldn't quite put my finger on why things happened they way they did. Never made much sense. Didn't follow the correct order of the way I had normally expected them to happen. But I just went with it. Then years later I learned a little bit more about the situation and it made a little bit more sense. I was thankful to learn more later on down the road, but...talk about a test. Answers don't always come in the moment I want them, more so when I need them.
Well I'm having another test of life that I wish I had more answers for right now. It kills me a little bit to know that I might not get this specific answer right now....or even next year or the year after that. It might never come now that I think about it. BUT I still have to go on living. That's a killer! I have had more than a few days recently when I had to wake up and just pray for a good attitude to get through the day. And by golly I had a good day yesterday!!!
I get answers for the small stuff like that so I know that God does answer prayers.
sooo I'm going to try to keep doing things and having a good attitude anywayyyy....even though its hard. And I'm going to try to not expect too much in return. I've decided that's the only thing that gets me into trouble....expectations being in the wrong place. Maybe I cant and/or wont fully explain life right now in this blog, but I needed to write something of the weirdness that I'm feeling right now in my life.

2 comments:

Addie Gaylord said...

Oh Beth,
I understand. It helps me so much to be able to write down what I am feeling. I obviously don't know what your dealing with but I am hoping for the best for you, everyone deserves happiness and one way or another it will come. Heavenly Father is kind and will bless you and make you stronger for the trial you are going through.
I wanted to tell you some memories that I have you.
*of course, gathering in your front yard at night time in the summer on your swings.
*you wrote me a letter backwards so I had to read it in the mirror.
*you always laughing, I love your laugh.
*the lake powell trip and where we meet the german in his speedo who ate tomatoes for breakfast.
*a cool camera you had that you could choose a saying to have put on the picture.
*getting stuck in either Jordan or Justin's car seat in your garage and you all having to get me out.
You had the funnest house and you were always so fun to be around.

Laura said...

I LOVE this song! I saw Martina in concert in big D last week!
It's SO cool in person