Monday, July 21, 2008

New York....

I got to go the Niagara falls in New York. I am not too disappointed in this picture. It was a quick stop to the falls because we were just driving home from Palmyra. I went with the singles branch to see the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It was a perfect weather kind of day.
This is the footwear to wear to church on a sunday at a KOA campground. Sunday's best right here. We had church in the pavilion at the campground right after we had breakfast. There were a couple families at the campground that joined us for a sacrament meeting. We weren't as prepared as we couldve been. I mean I was glad we got to partake of the sacrament even though it was passed on paper plates in dixie cups. It was still the same ordinance no matter what it looked like. And I was sitting in a camp chair but that didn't make the talks any less important. The spirit still attended our meeting.
When we went to the Hill after church the visitor's center wasnt open yet but we all walked to the top of the hill to see the monument. On my way up to the top I stopped because I ran into my cast team leader from the year I was in the pageant (2001). I have ran into him almost every time i've been to pagaent since. Its always good to see old friends and faces. He made sure to say he was thankful to see that I was still faithful. And to point out that it is not something to take lightly or for granted. I was glad he pointed that out. Its not always easy to pick yourself up when life gives you ups and downs and to learn from mistakes. BUT I'm trying to continue to stay faithful. Glad to know that he feels its important to stay close to the teachings of the gospel. We got to catch up on family and other cast team members. He got my email again. Hopefully I'll hear from them as life goes on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How right you are! That was a great thought for me...the whole still being faithful. Reminds me of when the sons of Mosiah were reunited and how they were rejoicing so much because they were sill brothers in Christ. I'm sure there will be much joy after this life when we see our dear friends and family that have remained faithful! Thanks!

keilah said...

I am sooo jealous of all your travels. You are a lucky girl:)

Nikki Nielson said...

Beth! This is Nikki Nikolaus, I found your blog from Cameron's. It is so good to see pictures of you and the fun things you are doing. I a jealous! We are moving to Provo soon for my husband to go to BYU for his MBA and have lots of crazy stuff going on right now. You will have to check out my blog to see pics of my little girls. Keep in touch!

The Baum Squad said...

Hey Beth,

Thanks for the shout out on the b-day. I'm impressed you remember all you do. No need to post old pictures or dedicate a post to my 27th b-day, really. ;) I love that you are living up the single life. Very exciting travels...keep it up. Love you.