Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baptism

I had to work today from 630 to 3. BUT after work I went to a baptism today for John Butler. He is Reilly and Will's lil' brother. I was glad that I got to go and see him be baptized. He was so excited to see everyone and I know that it was a special day for him. It was cool getting to see their mom talk to him about being baptized by immersion and to see all the children sitting so close and half way paying attention and interacting with her. She also talked about how he would be confirmed a member of the church after being baptized...and then being given a gift. It was nice to hear that as a reminder. That when we are confirmed a member of the church we are given a gift. A gift of the Holy Ghost to be a constant companion. Thats always someone I want to have with me. That would be one of the best gifts I've ever been given by far! It reminded me so much of my baptism...(even though that was 20 yrs ago in december! WOW) For the opening song we sang a childrens song, "When I'm Baptized". Its a favorite. Always brings a tear to my eyes. John is such an awesome little guy. He has a good family. Will got to baptize him and all the children gathered around the font to get a good view.

All in all it was a good day and i'm just glad I got to end it by going to a church service. I hate that I have to work every other weekend and miss most of church on those days. *sigh* I need a job thats more challenging and better for my schedule, BUT...in the meantime I'm thankful that I at least have something to pay the bills.

There is so much more I could share about the day, but I'll just keep it short.

THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!

No comments: