Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh what a day....and a yesterday...

Starting with sunday... Let me explain a little bit about my day. Maybe I should've started with my weekend. We had a little housewarming party for our apartment on sat night. And OSU played that night as well, so there was another party the same night. I ended up there and of course we stayed out kind of late. The sad thing is, i cant even remember anymore how late i stayed out, which obviously means i left too late. We got up sunday morning and made some parfaits for relief society. It was such a nice cool day. The wind was blowing, but not too much. Then we had a couple talks in Sacrament meeting on tithing, fasting, and basically being nice and not saying bad things about people. Kind of talking about using kind words. Me and my friend Aubrey sang "I'm trying to be like Jesus" as a special musical number. No one has sang in our branch in such a long time. Then it was time for Priesthood/RS. It takes so long to get through the announcements in a singles branch. During that time this girl came in and said I have to interupt. I sign fell and hit 3 cars. Then she proceded to tell the license plate numbers. I feel like we should've slipped some sedatives into those parfaits. This girl was totally freaking out. I dont know, i probably wouldve been if it was my car. Who knows. But I guess the wind had super picked up. I think it the papers said it was a good 70 mph. anyway.... Things were getting crazy outside so they told us it was time to pack up and leave. We would have to miss that last meeting of church. So I went with roommate wendy on the way home. I decided I would add a few pictures. It was a little crazier outside than I realized. If you look at this first picture you can see the awning that was blown off of these buildings. People were standing around in the masses trying to get on the bus. Wind was blowing everything alll over the place.
We almost got hit by someone who drove on the wrong side of the road to try and miss an orange cone that was in the middle of the street...in the same moment one of those people waiting for the bus decided he was going to run out in the middle of main street in dayton to get his baseball hat. Oh people. So then as we were driving I told wendy to go on Dayton-Xenia rd to go home instead of just taking 675. haha, what was i thinking. Of course there were allll kinds of other trees down. I got a picture of one of the trees and some other stuff that had been tossed around.
Then when we finally got home me and wendy sat in the back yard awhile just kind of enjoying the breeze. It was nice until the wind realllly picked up and started making crazy noises. We looked out the front window awhile and then out the back. We were like little kids watching a storm. It was just wierd because i've never watched just wind as a storm before. Normally rain, thunder and lightening follow. When we went out front we talked to our new neighbors for a little bit. That was fun. Then we all got to see about a million shingles fly off of our roof. We had let our door in the back of the kitchen stay open, and as we were watching out the front everything blew over in the kitchen. I made wendy pose with the white board. It was a little out of control. I think i failed to mention yet that when we got home we had no power. So that is when i text a few guys from the branch. We found out that Geoff and Bob were going to be our new best friends :) THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!! They have seriously been the biggest help. Its nice that someone has power still. I think its because they are in base housing. Wright Patterson Airforce Base is like 2 minutes from my house. (Bob is in the airforce)
Basically everyone came over to Bob and Geoffs to watch a movie and play games. Oh and to all use an outlet to plug in a cell phone or two. I decided to snap a picture of everyone just chillin. I didn't really play the trivia game because Holly was giving me a little foot massage. I was trying to teach her a few things. Thats when I think the boys got a little jealous , eh, its okay. I was in a good mood, so Jeff, Will and Andrew all sat in front of me to get a turn of my "magic hands" haha. These boys were so funny. Anway....We mustve left by 1030 ish and then when we were driving home we realized...dang No power means no hot shower. WHICH meant...we called the boys and asked if we could get our stuff and come back to use their showers. If anyone has been to BYU or BYU Idaho, you would know why this just seemed slightly awkward. Not to mention when the girls left it turned into a lil guy night. I hated that we left and then CAME BACK. Oh well, I was greatful for a nice hot shower...specially since I had to be up early the next morning (this morning) to go to work. I had a headache all day even after taking meds. Blah. I dont know why I was having such a bad day. We were so busy at the hospital today though. And it bugged me that people were calling in because they didnt have power.
I was just glad that holly helped me relax just a lil bit the night before. I was pretty much in heaven for at least a small portion of the sunday night get together. *see next photo* :)
And I called my mom today to see how things were going over at her house. You would think I would maybe go be with my family since they actually have electricity. Naaaa. I called my mom and could barely talk to her with all the craziness going on. Mom and dad were both there cause Dad didnt have to work. Jordan and Justins school got cancelled so there were there. Jake and Stacey lost power so they brought their 2 boys over. Joe and Wendy didnt have power so they brought their two kids over. AND jared Didnt have power so he brought his two girls over (his wife was at work). Basically it was a mad house of children screaming and playing. (ps. Jared and Nikki found out they are having a BOY , not a girl! in January...they are going to name him Isaiah James) ....and well....on with my story. Today after work I came home and bagged up lots of our freezer food and stuff in our fridge and took it over to the boys house. Then I got a nap. Awww loved it. Then I cooked dinner. And now its just time to blog about it.

No comments: