Monday, September 22, 2008

Do people really still use these?

When I went to the birthday party I saw a pay phone and I had to take a picture cause I thought to myself...hmmm, Do people really still use these? I mean in a world where pretty close to everyone has a cell phone. I wonder how much use a pay phone gets anymore? I mean how much does it even cost to use these suckers? I remember when I looked at one many years ago and it wasn't just a quarter anymore! Then I went to the mall a few days ago and saw a repair man working on one near the exit at the food court. Wow I guess people still use them enough to have it repaired right? Or was he ripping it out. Well all my suspicions of people not using pay phones anymore were laid to rest when last night I rec'd a call from a pay phone. My phone was on vibrate so I didn't even get to talk to my friend, but he definitely left me a message saying his power was still out from last Sunday. Our power company has been overloaded with work this last week. So many people are still without power. Its crazy. Who would've ever thought we would be hit by any part of a hurricane. I wouldn't be surprised if more people in Texas have power than here. So many stop lights are still out too. Anyway...just wanted to share.

1 comment:

Stacey Kirchner said...

Please tell me you have power. My parents still don't and likely won't have until Wednesday or later. We got our power back on last Wednesday night. I hope you're doing well!