Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Monday Monday

Just felt more like journaling than telling any specific story, but this is how my monday went down. Bright and early to go to work at MVH. Its always something with that place. I almost clocked in late because the back entrance by the ER where I go in everyday had a lil malfunction. The badge scanner was falling off the wall. It just took me a few minutes longer the route I took. Got clocked in and then saw a few coworkers that no doubt were talking about me as they rounded the corner and then got surprised to see me. One of them (who I might add is always in everyone's business...sometimes good and sometimes bad) asked me if I even knew that there was a second room to one of my assignments?? uh, funny thing is...I had no idea. They switched things up at the beginning of March and put me on a few rooms that I had never even stepped food in before and didn't ask me how it was going? Didn't offer any help...and they hadn't given me any feedback on a single thing until i ran into these coworkers. I guess everyone was getting annoyed at me because this room with all the personals was empty after every time I had finished this assignment. DING DING DING...yep, kids, I didn't know about it. I get so frustrated with the training or lack thereof. So someone showed me what I was missing. I felt overwhelmed with this assignment BEFORE I knew there was a whole other room involved. I asked this one guy what everyone had been saying about me behind my back the last few weeks....he basically told me, you don't want to know. Well that was the major thing at work. That and I had a little sit down with my boss and told her I want to go support. I forfeited my part time status. I think it will go into effect at the end of the month. I know its a hospital and lives are at stake and what have you, but I really have had a hard time feeling good about working on sunday's at this place. I think it would be more beneficial for me to find something that I didn't have to work every other sunday. I told Boss Lady that I have been looking for other work for a long time now. So it wasn't a surprise to her.

Then after work I went to take a few more boxes to my mom's house. They still have plenty of packing to do in order to be out in two weeks. I think I should thank the hospital for all the empty underpad and adult briefs boxes we have used :) in the packing. I had some dinner over at my moms, filled out a job application online....looked a few things in craigslist. I'm still a little surprised that the place I interviewed at posted that they are hiring still. I never got a call back, but didn't really push it. I'm not sure the woman who interviewed me was the type of person I really wanted to work for. I applied for a summer type job. I just need to know that wherever I find employment they will be okay with my summer plans. (hill cumorah pageant july 2-19 and a trip to AZ for a ten yr HS reunion) So as I was sitting at my moms house talking to a friend about my sunday night on the phone, a got a message about an interview for next week. I guess I have a couple options and I probably dont need to give too many details, but this could be an interesting summer for me. I'm excited at the possibilities.

After leaving my parents house I went back home to get ready for a massage I was giving to a friend. Its been awhile since I've given such a structural bodywork only type massage. I pulled out a few of my text books to remember some strokes and overall I think it went pretty well. It felt a little like I was in classes again with my client holding my text book for me while I made sure I was doing everything correctly. I enjoy what I can do in the way of massage and sharing a little of the knowledge I have. I also love a good solid few hours spent with a friend.

Then my roommate got home from FHE and going to the gym....haha she basically walked in, gave a funny look and said, yep, smells like you have been giving a massage in here. Hahaha I guess my lotion has a potent smell. Then we went grocery shopping and I rented a rexbox movie. It was a very full day.... Now i'm off to get some things done and then to a little service project today in cincinnati.

No comments: