Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cincinnati University Branch Retreat...

I thought it was time to talk about what I did this past weekend before I forget how much fun I had. It was a beautiful weekend. The weather was perfect. The cincinnati branch invited us to come to this retreat. I almost didn't go. Katie really wanted me to go...so thankfully I gave in. It was a much needed weekend away from home life. We left on friday night after a baptism for a girl in our branch. We did a lot of socializing. Then I went back to our cabin to finish reading the last 3 or 4 chapters of twilight. Now I just need to find the second book to borrow from someone. Before going back to the cabin we met a few people, put on some name tags and sang a lil karaoke.
The next morning Katie Holly and I all went on a little walk over to see what was in this little camping area. We stayed at Camp Bountiful. Other activities included....service project, volleyball game, ultimate frisbee game, cornhole, "not to fear, fear factor" game. Thats my partner for the game (nick) we got 4th place. We lost basically, no prizes, but whatever, we had fun. There was also a fireside around an actual fire's side. It was a good talk. Reminding us all how important friendships are in our lives. Made me appreciate all the friends I have...and have had throughout the years. My friends really have helped me become the person I am today. They help encourage me to make good choices and its always such a blessing to have people around that understand. I have a countless number of friends that I wish I could thank separately for taking time to be there for me...but this blog will have to do.
On our walk we found Jesus. Me and Katie decided it was a perfect photo op.
There was also a dance on saturday night. I had lots of fun dancing with my friends. I'm thinking I should've met lots more people, but I didnt. Only a handful. Either way it was a good weekend and I so much needed to get some fresh air and sunlight. Maybe I'll meet some new people in columbus next weekend. We are going to be going to a dance in columbus...its been awhile since we've had one of those. SOOOO long and short of it. October has been good.

No comments: