Thursday, October 9, 2008

A few things about today...

This is more of a journal of today than any actual real story.
Working at the hospital has been good and bad for me. I enjoy so much having my lunch breaks up in the supply room in the ER. Its still technically my dept. but everything is different and only a few people are trained in that area...one of which is my friend Mary. LOVE her :) So thats the good portion. Luches with Mary in the ER. Well I eat up there on the days we work together. Its not so much fun up there if Larry is working. Just fun stuff to talk about...okay only our lives and all the craziness of sounds coming from the halls of the ER and the really good looking doctors. We have been making our rounds to check out the staff and patients. Just because we can. You know "looking for equipment to clean". SO last time we made our lap around the ER we heard a patient singing so we had to go get a closer hear/look. It totally made my day. Made me smile. SO the bad part is the dang concrete floors. They are killing my feet!!! I called off on Sunday. I couldnt take two days in a row. Then on tuesday had an appointment at the Doctor. He said I have plantar fasciitis. (google it, i dont want to explain). He had to go get some xrays to see if i have bone spurs in my heals. I dont think I do, but i'm not a professional. Who knows. No results back yet. all i really can confirm is the massive amount of pain i'm in EVERY single step i take. I would rather be in a cast then having this. So its probably combo of older shoes and concrete floors. BUT i just dont know why my body hates me now after i've lived through so many other standing all day jobs. Needless to say this is why I got a couple new pairs of shoes. They are starting to help...but... I would have to say the best thing of my day and the best thing to help my feet so far was my super sweet awesome favorite roommate....bless her heart...and hands...no really. She has been trying to get some pointers and learn some things from me. :) because "Beth, you wont always be around". Wow is she going to kill me off??? I know she thinks we wont be roommates forever, but i'm starting to warm up to the idea that it might be closer to forever than I was originally hoping. I mean with the single status and everything. SOO anyway. I set my massage table up in our living room and she rubbed my feet and my legs a little bit. I was super shocked at how much pain i was in. She solved the problem of keeping the thoughts of pain away from my feet by making my legs hurt by getting some knots out. wowzers. It was just what I needed. It was a good end to my day. That and well, watching The Office. A favorite show of mine as of lately. OH WAIT... LAST THINGS... i guess that wouldve been a good end to the day...but here I am and its not over. I did have one last tramatic experience.... um while picking my mom up from a crop tonight i turned into a killer! yes i sent the poor little raccoon back to his maker this evening. It stopped and had (if its possible) a deer in the headlight look. Then instead of sliding quietly between my tires and underneath my car. It moved a little to right to go back to the side of the road. I couldnt swerve :( He was a gonner! thud thud thud. Then I text holly to tell her that i'm a killer. She responded with what was it? Then she said tragic...then trying to make it better my friend andrew said its okay, He will hold a funeral....because he puts the FUN in funeral...oh my. I love my friends. (andrew works at the honor guard office on base...he secretly wants to answer the phone like that some day...it will never happen) okay SO that has been my day in a nut shell...

NOW its off to read more of Twilight. I couldnt put it down yesterday. I have to jump on the bandwagon before the movie comes out. I'm LOVING IT. I decided to read about someone else's life since I needed a break from my own....and needed to stay off my feet. soo there ya have it!

1 comment:

Stacey Kirchner said...

And that whole conversation I had with you, that took me away from my husband and kids was nothing to you?!! I didn't even make it into your blog. tears....Just kidding. I wuv you!