Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Habitat for Humanity

These are just a few pictures from my phone of some of the service project I got to go to on Saturday with the YSA in Cincinnati and Dayton. We all had a pretty good time. We were working on two different houses for two different families but right next to each other.
We got to do some framing. It was pretty funny to see Holly just take charge and tell us all what to do. I love it when people dont mess around and just get right to work.
This is Reilly and James putting up the roof. I wasn't about to step foot on the roof. I'm sort of a chicken when it comes to heights. They must've had 20 people on the roof. It got done pretty quicklike. We worked from 9 in the morning until at least 4 in the afternoon. Some people stayed a little longer than that though.
They had given us all different color shirts to distinguish which crew we were on. Eh, I was a pink shirter....We didn't have a leader, so I just kept myself busy with random things.
This is a few of the house halfway through the day from the backside and you can see the second house right next to it that's not got nearly as much done with it. Overall it was a great day. They fed us 3 meals. We played a little corn hole then after we drove back to dayton we played some frisbee. Then went back to my friend katie's house and visited for awhile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! It didn't even register that you were there! I totally missed the boat on that one. Yes, we drove right through there. We stayed in Springfeild the night before actually. Crazy. There's always the return trip to look forward to. :)

Addie Gaylord said...

Beth, You are so lucky. That is always something that I have wanted to do. How fun and what great memories you will have. I am a little jealous.