Friday, May 30, 2008

Road Kill game...

So this is kind of sick and twisted but... I got a text message on Sunday talking about a road kill game. It really made me laugh. It's something I see on a very daily basis. I think its worst in Ohio. Well as compared to the other places I've been anyway. Maybe I just drive more back roads here.
So I know this first picture isn't even road kill but the text I got wasn't either. It was just a sick dead roasted animal. So basically the idea is just when you see roadkill, just stop and take a picture and text it to your friends. The first thing I thought of was my friends dead bird in his gutter at his house. I told him...didn't get rid of it until I get to your house even though its super disgusting and a bird hanging in your gutter really should be disposed of pronto. Don't worry, we knocked it out and I got this picture. Gross, I know, everything about this bird and the whole game but sometimes the drives get long and boring. I listen to my music, but its nice to mix it up every once in awhile. So I had to babysit for the nephews a few times this week. I filled them in on the game.
The first one is a deer. We had to turn around and stop in the middle of the road to get this one picture. I think more than anything its a shame that a deer had to die from a car hitting it rather than just being shot and put out of its misery by some man who wanted to take the kill home to his family or something.
This picture was of some other random road kills. I honestly didn't feel like getting close enough to really figure out what it was. We pulled over hoping we could get a better picture. No, this was the best. So Brandon and I were talking about it. I was just telling him, sorry I don't know what it is there are flies and things and I don't really care to get close enough to figure out what it is. While we were at wal-mart later that day I was getting some fabric cut and Brandon figured it would be a good time to tell me he figured out what that dead animal with flies on it at the side of the road was. I'm sure the wal-mart woman was thinking, what in the world is this child talking about?! I had to chuckle a little and then I asked him what he thought it was. It was just so funny that it sorta dawned on him that is MUST HAVE been a Lemur! haha! Kids are great! I think he has been watching Dora or Diego or something and learning about Lemurs. And just as another funny kid story that doesn't even fit in with the road kill topic. I was talking to another little girl about the same age as Brandon this last week. I was trying to see what she thought about boys and stuff so while we were watching TV and I made a comment about "stupid boys"....and without even skipping a beat she said..."yeah, but NOT MY DADDY!" haha. Adorable. I guess its probably something I would've said about my dad when I was little.

2 comments:

CF Is Not Forever said...

What an interesting game! I bet all little kids would love to hunt for roadkill!

Kristy said...

Gross. Roadkill is gross!