Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Thankful Post

Well its November as many have pointed out. It's time to talk of thankful things. It's time because of the month/season and because I've had a pretty cruddy day. And when cruddy days come my way I've been reminded to stay positive and think of the things you are thankful for. My favorite reminder was in pep talk form "life is short. 80 yrs Benson". I always love it when friend Mary talks to me by my last name as if she is my coach. Cracks me up. I love it. Life Coach Mary. Thank you for your simple little text reminders that life is short and to be positive. I know it doesnt matter that all my pockets in my scrubs are all coming undone at the seems and I dont know how to sew in the slightest bit. I'll survive.
I know that even though I have no money for food I'll be taken care of. That makes me thankful for the generous roommate who has a food storage that could feed a family of 8 for multiple weeks and is always willing to lend a helping hand. Thanks!
I'm also thankful for low gas prices right now. I have to drive to columbus a couple times a week for the next few weeks in preparation for my upcoming exam. I can't really afford that either, but it has to be done.
So even though I'm super stressed out I'm so very thankful that there are things that make smile. I am most greatful at this time in my life for friends. I think some days I should name them one by one but even then I dont think they'd even get how much they all are a huge blessing. They make me laugh ...and well...laughing is so good. This picture here...just a small demonstration of two of my good friends. Andrew= seriously people, look at that face....I have spent many nights chatting with or hanging out at my house with this one. Much appreciated. I hope he doesnt get transfered to another airforce base anytime soon. I wish more of his fun side could show through in this picture. Andrew is with Katie, my dear, dear, Katie. We went shopping for her bday the other day. (I'll leave that post up to her....she hasnt crafted a blog for me in awhile...this is the perfect opportunity). It was a fabulous day.
and... I'm so thankful for music.
and last but not least...thankful for sleep no matter how little of it I get sometimes. I'm a huge fan.

No comments: