Thursday, November 6, 2008

UPDATE..

So the Board never called back. FYI...so I left another message today.
and just a few pictures I wanted to share from this last week.
Sunday: Took a pic of Katie Holly and Wendy. This is the alley we had to walk through to get to our cars after church. Yes I go to church downtown dayton. Its seriously the ghetto. Can you tell? do you believe me? We have a guard hired to watch our parking lot. I want to go to church in another building. We never keep the doors unlocked either apparently. The back one we normally go in was blocked by scaffolding. You would think the front ones would therefore be unlocked. NO! and of course everyone decided they were going to pay attention to rules today and turn their phones off. I texted and called I cant even say how many people to try and get in the building. I had to work and so I got there late. OH MY OH MY... I finally got one of the missionaries to come open the door for me.
This was just a random picture of the clouds from Saturday morning. I slept at my brothers house because he needed someone to keep an eye on his kids while he went to pick up his wife from work. So I got up early and drove home. I thought the clouds were super cool. So I took a picture. Not going to see that one ever again. :) made me smile.


Yesterday...we got a piano. My roommate Holly works for Habitat for Humanity. They have a RE-Store (just what they call it) People donate stuff to the store and then the store is open a few days a week to just sell things. Well someone called and wanted to donate a piano. Holly was the first on that one to say she wanted to buy it. We are so super excited to have a piano in our home/apartment. We did some major moving of furniture around. And now the major task is getting the smoke smell out of it. ANY IDEAS? I've heard vinegar, apple slices, coffee, baking soda.....are all things that would absorb the smell. I have taken multiple layers of nasty film/nicotine or something off the piano and we are letting it air out, but man... Smoking isnt just bad for your lungs. Its bad for your surroundings too! I read something online that a woman had said they now own a musical ashtray. Seriously. Its making our house WREEEEK. I'm so glad the weather is nice enough to keep our front door and windows open so it can air out. Hopefully its really helping the piano. And hopefully we get it tuned soon. Now to just teach myself how to play left hand. I have already taught myself everything I know how to play on the piano. Mostly just enough to sing a few hymns.













1 comment:

Cheryl said...

1. Wow! DO you live in down town? That is pretty crazy about the guard and keeping all the doors looked!
2. I LOVE those clouds! They are amazing how perfectly in line they are! Good Pic!
3. Good luck getting the smell out and have fun making music!