Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Miracles happen....

and no...not referring to the miracle of marriage. I'm not engaged and this so much less of a miracle. In fact its silly that I'm even excited that I got this phone call. I've been waiting to hear from the ohio state medical board now for a good 3 months. NOTHING. Until today. I got a call from Carolyn at the medical board. She starts off by saying she has my application and is looking over it. Then proceeds to tell me to go online and download this form. Then stop mid-instruction to say....oh I already have that from you. uhh...let me review your application and then I will call back. Can this miracle happen twice in one day? Do you think she will really call me back? After all the voicemails I have left I thought someone would know my status or my name and maybe have pity on me. Maybe just say, okay, you can take the test. Its not even a guarantee that I will pass and get my license. I at least want a shot though. Test is in 4 weeks. Last week I decided I would call a Therapist in my area to talk to her about her experience with getting licensed. See if she had any advice. I decided to ask her about a loop hole in the laws that I had heard about. I have tried to find it on the website...but I couldn't find anything. Apparently its true though. You can practice massage in the state of Ohio without a license if its "relaxation massage" and you don't call yourself a Massage Therapist. Not totally sure how that all works. I guess I am certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodyworkers. I could technically call myself a Bodyworker, or just a masseuse. I think either one of those is a lil silly....Maybe I just go along like I have always been doing and just say. I'm not licensed here in Ohio, but I AM licensed in AZ. And I do have training. I guess this woman was telling me of multiple people she knows who aren't even trained that are charging people for massage. Why is it even regulated. What is the difference between Medical Massage and Relaxation Massage? I guess I should find that out if I want to be considered being called a Licensed Massage Therapist in the state of Ohio. Its all super frustrating to me. But in the mean time....Yes, whatever you want to call me, I will come to your home (out call massage) and give you a massage. $60 for an hour if you are in the area.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Too bad I'm not in the area...I miss your massages!

Stacey Kirchner said...

So, they finally called? You never said if they called you back again. Sheesh...it's ABOUT TIME!! Hopefully everything works out!