Thursday, December 12, 2013

Dec 12 - Arizona bound

Woo hoo , I'm going to warmer weather for the weekend. It's been quite an adventure tonight. Starting at my house, no...Starting when I left my house. Had a fiasco of an issue at broulims grocery store today. Then one of my cute friends made me a birthday cake. What a doll. Then....I almost had an upchucking incidence at school. I've just been coughing so stinking much. I survived. Got my bags packed, got some rest, did my dishes, visited wanita to tell her about my rule breaking roommates. Yes I'm a tattle tale. I don't want my rent going up because the other girl does things wrong. Anyway... then how cute, my Ali roommate ...the most recent old roommate picked me up to take me to the Idaho Falls Airport. Her and her fiance brought me a candy cane blizzard and let me talk their ears off for the half hour drive. I like them. (They are getting married December 28th. I sort of want to go to their wedding in Boise. )Then I got through security only to be told we all had to clear the floor and go through security again. Sheesh. Thankfully it is a small airport. Apparently there was a door left open that was in the secure area. According to tsa policy we all had to leave the area. What a pain. I'm surprised our flight still left on time. Some people got super ticked off because they had to throw away stuff they had just bought. Drinks and what have you.

I was thinking I was going to be rushed in writing this blog, but I'm not. I have to tell you about the cake. Bless her heart, Brianne, made me a jello poke hole cake. She had never made one but she had asked me for a request, do that's what I asked for :-).  She had apparently asked her husband to bring it on campus with the cool whip, but he forgot the cool whip. No big deal right. She only lives a short distance. So she decided to drive home and put the cool whip topping on the cake. Then she was in such a hurry to get back to campus that she ran outside, locked the house and then realized her car keys were locked in the house. Haha that poor girl walked in the freezing child holding a cake, and getting it all over her pants just for me. I feel special. She came in to the medical assisting classroom huffing and puffing and the reddest cheeks ever. That's when she related the story and said, you'll never believe what I went through for you :-) I know some pretty awesome girls.

Perhaps I should tell a couple more stories of my Angel friends.
Remember how I just recently moved?
It's sort of a nightmare these days to move. First off, Ashlee, bless her lil heart for coming over to my house just to keep me company while I packed. I text her late one night and asked if she would be my motivation. She decided to come over instead of go to sleep. I know how precious sleep can be when you work long shifts and are in school. So thank you to my Angel friend Ashlee. Then, Marci, bless her soul for driving to my house to help me pack and unpack on two separate nights. Things never go as you plan them to. I'm glad I could find at least one friend to help me. She also was the first to see the train wreck that was or kitchen. She had already helped me clean it up on two different occasions. And, another lil Angel helper is Emily. She spent most of her weekend doing finals work and so she couldn't really help. Then on Sunday she sent me a text asking if she could help. So she came over and helped me organize some more of my things. I'm pretty sure she got a couple fantastic photos of me. To bad I don't have them yet, or maybe I'd post them. And two more people I'd like to make mention of are Wanita and Stephanie. These two lil women have been my sanity and stress relief. We have had a few shopping trips together and I've gone to a couple of game nights with them and other ladies at church. We have laughed so hard we almost peed our pants. I'm glad they have husbands that are cool with me taking them away from them every now and then. Wanita has also been awesome in many other things...giving me dinner and warmth when Rexburg power went out, smores from the fire place and sample oils whenever I need them. She even have me a mattress pad for the nasty mattress that was in my room. Btw...I'm ok with a twin bed. It's been awhile since I've had one. It makes our room feel big. And yes, I'm ok with having a room roommate because it's basically only my clothes and bed that are in my room. This house has so...much storage space. I've taken over quite a lot of it.
And collectively speaking, the girls in the MA classes have been good. Well....when they aren't slackers it's much easier, but it's fun to be around them most days. Lots of them let me talk their ears off. It's been fun getting to know them.
And Sharlene and Kim, the two teachers I've been working for...they are so good to me. I hope I have been a decent TA. It will be easier next semester. I will have les responsibility, but I'll probably be there less days too.

No comments: